Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Acidic? Moi?? I prefer to think of myself as non-proton-biased

During the intervening weeks since I last had the time to create an entry, a funny thing happened: I have received shout-outs and linkage from two neighboring and like minded blogs! The first would be the lovely and liberal Love and Liberty from across the Atlantic, run by a dear friend who, alongside his capable partner (and also a dear friend) carries the banner of the noble and worthy Liberal Democrat cause in England, when they're not doing battle with Cybermen or saving humanity from the Daleks, or from space pirates who look like badgers. The second is from the Peabody Award winning, Chicago-based Goes to Twelve, led by a longtime comrade in arms going back to when Sexual Tourette's was under the proprietorship of Unwired Labs, before it was determined that the censored and overmoderated Yahoo! 360 format was just too limiting. Fuck yeah.

But imagine my utter shock when I read that my commentary was described as "Acid US Politics"! The affrontery! The mock outrage! There are so many religious extremists, homophobes, hypocrites and just general wastes of mass to vituperate, so few hours in the day. If sometimes I find it necessary to use a little causticity to help remove the pilonidal cysts from the anus that is of US politics, then so be it.

And speaking of ass cysts, how about that Rush Limbaugh...though I suppose it's only fitting that he continues to return to the body part that kept him out of Vietnam.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I've been trying for a week to recover from not being the guy we said Acid Politics.

May quit all efforts at writing

Unwired said...

Oh, don't do that, Jeff...some of us are here to inspire through rhetoric, others are here to achieve it through other means...like splashing battery acid. Don't go changin...